Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Beginner’s Bad luck

One lazy day I was just sitting around and wondering what I could do. Surely there are plenty of things that I’ve always wanted to do, so there could be something I could use my time on. Then it struck me, I’ve always wanted to write stories. Not necessarily publish them (Well if they were any good, why not!).

Anyway I had this long wish to pen up an entire really good story. But I dint want it to be based on my experiences or something that has happened to me in the past. So I open up word and stare at the blank white screen and said silently, “Okay let me figure out how creative I am after all”. Then I find an inspiration (About which I am not going to discuss right now! Who knows it might in fact shape up to be a story sometime). Okay I got the idea in my head and now I have to sketch out characters, lay plots and ah! Describe happenings!

Hmm so I start, go on a few lines and Grr! I am stuck, a character in my story is pregnant, and I really don’t know how to describe pregnancy and my plot required the intricacies of the baby within along with the symptoms of the mother’s health and possible complications (for dramatizing ofcourse). So I decide, ok let me educate myself about the whole process and I google up! And well you know the internet, there is a hell a lot of information. You get lost in the wilderness of cyber space! And I thought jeez god! Do all writers actually do this much research? I couldn’t get past a page and these people actually write volumes!

Well there is a case when my writing might just flow in the speed of a running river! And that’s when it’s been close to my personal experiences. But writers don’t always write about their own life, (Or do they?) that’s not creativity or imagination! Or was it just starting trouble? I do want to write a good story someday! And a darn good one it will be! (Even if it’s just going to be something only my grandchildren might read!). Until then I can see my writing is getting bad, including my Blogs :D

1 comment:

Mustang said...

all the best to your start....


cheers
D